Napoli and Argentina international forward Gonzalo Higuain expressed his “great joy” at comparisons with Maradona.

Higuain has been in stunning form so far this season and is the Serie A’s top scorer with 16 goals, propelling Napoli third and just one point off leaders Inter to spark the talks of a Scudetto bid.

Gonzalo said: “Diego Maradona? I’m Argentinian like he is, but wearing this shirt is not a burden – it is a satisfaction. He is an extraordinary player in the history of football and is loved at Napoli. Being compared to him is a source of great joy.”

READ ALSO: 

The player also spoke about coach Maurizio Sarri, who took over at Stadio San Paolo in June and helped him rediscover his best form.

“There was a great feeling straight away. He convinced me to stay and I’d like to thank him along with my team-mates, the club and the supporters. I am happy I decided to stay, Sarri gave me peace of mind, my head is clear and that shows on the pitch,” he said.

The post How Higuain Reacted To Maradona Comparison appeared first on Nigeria News today & Breaking news | Read on NAIJ.COM.



from Nigeria News today & Breaking news | Read on NAIJ.COM http://ift.tt/22uPPDV
via Latest News

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.